|Interested in Open Enrollment or our School for Advanced Studies? Come by the Admissions Office any time and find out how you can become a student at Grant High School.|
Athletic Teams at Grant
- Football (Varsity and J.V.): summer workouts begin in July. Contact the Physical Education Department for exact times. Football players must have at least ten practices before being allowed to compete in a game.
- Cross Country (Varsity, J.V., & F/S): First meeting will be after school on the first day of the semester. The coach suggests running three miles at least three days each week and running in 5 & 10K runs on weekends. Run hills when possible.
- Volleyball (Girls' Varsity, J.V. and F/S): Girls' tryouts will be the first week of school for new 9th and 10th grade students. Anyone trying out must have a physical exam before school begins in September.
- Tennis: (Girls' Varsity and J.V.): Try-outs will be the first week of the semester. The coach has suggested playing three or four matches each week. If possible, take classes from local parks or private instructors.
- Basketball (Boys' and Girls' Varsity , J.V. & F/S): Try-outs for boys' basketball new students to Grant will begin the first week of the fall semester. Try-outs for girls' will be during the first two weeks of the fall semester. Play in organized league during the summer. Enroll in camps if possible.
- Soccer (Boys' and Girls' Varsity and J.V.): Try-outs will be held during the first two weeks of the fall semester. Play Club Soccer or AYSO during the summer.
- Track (Varsity, J.V. & F/S)
- Tennis (Boys' Varsity and J.V.)
- Baseball (Boys' Varsity and J.V.): Off-season class 8th period called advanced baseball falls semester tryouts in late November.
- Softball (Girls' Varsity and J.V.)
- Swimming (Boys'; and Girls' Varsity, J.V. and F/S)
- Volleyball (Boys' Varsity and J.V.)
- Golf (co-ed)